• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 14, 2018

    Harvard Project




    A short note of Harvard Project.


    According to the Harvard project on race, I have an automatic preference for light-skinned People over dark-skinned people. What really surprised me about the test was that it stated that I have a preference for a certain race whereas, in reality, I could care less about the color of your skin or where you are from. Another thing that I would like to point out is that the assigned buttons for a skin color changes during the test would cause confusion and lead to mistakes. Subconscious bias can best be described as a prejudice towards a specific race that you are not aware of. According to Scott the best way to deal with subconscious bias would be to interact with people of different races so that you can get rid of negative stereotypes that you have about them. I don't think any of these suggestions would have an impact on a ten-year-old me because at that age I wasn't even aware of what stereotypes were and I didn't have any biases because they develop over time. until someone tells you in a certain way. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel